Every time summer approaches, we all find ourselves indulging in some fad diets to lose those extra handles that we accumulate during the fall. Getting back into the beach body becomes our priority again. However, only very few of us have the metabolism to achieve that.
Using aesthetic procedures to achieve these results is getting popular as people are getting more and more responsible for their health.
Dr. Katarzyna Mackenzie provides high expertise in many aesthetic surgeries including Tummy tuck Auckland in her Visage Plastic Surgery Clinic in New Zealand. From non-surgical rejuvenating procedures to complex aesthetic surgeries, Dr. Mackenzie is an expert in all forms of cosmetic procedures. She is passionate about delivering newfound hope and confidence in the life of her patients.
Medical benefits of abdominoplasty or tummy tuck
Many people look at tummy tuck as a strictly cosmetic procedure that can help you in achieving your dream body. However, medical professionals suggest otherwise. Many of the doctors feel that more than weight loss, the tummy tuck is used as a beneficial procedure in the following conditions:
1. For the treatment of ventral hernia:
- The sack created by the abdominal or intestinal tissue breaking into the abdominal wall is called a ventral hernia.
- Certain conditions like going through C-section or appendix removal surgery increases your chances of developing a ventral hernia.
- A tummy tuck is often the procedure of choice to correct the hernia.
2. For the treatment of back pain caused by weakened muscles of the abdomen:
- This is especially experienced by women after childbirth.
- Their abdominal muscles get weakened which causes intense back pain mostly when they bend over.
- When excess fat is removed from the abdomen during a tummy tuck, it helps in tightening those weakened muscles.
- Thus, the muscles get back to their shape, provide the much-needed support to the back, and hence, alleviate back pain.
3. For the treatment of urinary incontinence:
- Women who have had C-sections and even some women after normal deliveries develop stress urinary incontinence.
- Even regular actions like sneezing or coughing can result in leakage of urine.
- A tummy tuck has been used as a very successful procedure to treat urinary incontinence in post-partum women.
Apart from this, more strength in the muscles of our abdomen also helps us in walking with an improved posture. We get a flatter and more toned waistline, which many of us want to achieve. Our clothes will fit better and we will no longer have to deal with hanging skin.
On the other hand, a tummy tuck procedure cannot help you in getting rid of diseases like diabetes or hypertension caused by obesity in the first place. You have to follow up with your doctor to continue the medications and continuously make lifestyle changes to keep them in control.
Home care is important after the tummy tuck procedure because it involves invasive surgery. Therefore, you should avoid immediately returning to work or start your exercise routine. Give your body enough time to recover and take your medicines exactly as prescribed.