Visiting the Sahara Desert with a sea of sand and the exotic five-star sites is like a getting once in a lifetime experience. The desolate dunes of the Sahara Desert cover nearly three-quarters of Morocco and are easily accessible from the Marrakesh and Fes. There is the fascinating nomadic culture with the rolling dunes and terrain land and much more that you will get to see while exploring Morocco.
The first thing you need to consider while on the best Morocco desert tours is which tour company to select. Well, if you wish to be in good and safe hands, and then get in touch with the most experienced Moroccan tour company, the Desert Kingdom that offers exclusive tours to the Morocco deserts, Sahara Desert, and the pleasure of authentic sight-seeing.
The company will help you explore the hidden treasures of the Moroccan ancient land while discovering the exotic sights and culture of the fascinating country. They have very professional and open-minded guides who encourage cultural exchanges so that you get a better knowledge of the unique culture of Morocco. Visit TripAdvisor to check the 5-star customer ratings for this tour company.
There are mainly 3 options to choose from while enjoying the best Moroccan desert experience:
- Marrakesh: stony desert which is not a desert but is used for desert day trips and includes driving and camel ride
- Merzouga: home to Erg Chebbi dunes, trips to this desert run from both Marrakesh and Fez.
- Zagora: more remote desert area and home to Err Chigaga, trips to this desert runs from Marrakesh
Deserts around Marrakesh
While on this desert trip, stop at the desert town of Ouarzazate, take the caravan route to see the kasbahs and the interesting igrehm, Ait Ben Haddou.
- Ouarzazate gives you a glimpse of the 17th-century trading life
- A tour from Fes to Merzouga will showcase the earthen homes of the great desert.
Merzouga and Erg Chebbi
Merzouga is the most popular small desert town with hotels and restaurants and is known for its huge expanse of dunes. Though you may stay in the town, but staying in a private and luxurious or a more basic cozy desert camp will be the best option to get a complete desert experience.
The landscape here is of a dry stony desert so there are no dunes like in Merzouga but the landscape and experience are impressive. You get a chance to meet the nomadic Berber people and camel caravans. Get to know the traditional Gnawa music associated with ritualistic healers.
You may visit and subscribe to the Desert Kingdom Facebook page to get regular updates about the various desert trips offered from Marrakesh.
Things to do
- Camel ride: arrive during the sunset and feel the heart of the endless dunes of the Sahara riding on the camel till your camp for the night.
- Sandboarding: it adds a thrilling experience to your Morocco tour
- Quad biking: it’s a fun alternative for families while jumping the dunes
- Best Star-gazing experience in the desert
Do your research and book the tour with the Desert Kingdom for experiencing the most fabulous trip of your lifetime.