If you have always experienced the fear of forgetting something on a trip, this article will help you plan in a better way.
After all, it is possible to go on a trip and carry everything that you want and need, even if you are going on a wild campervan trip.
Packing list for traveling in a campervan
So, before we start, it is important to understand that your packing list will depend on who all are traveling with you.
Also, factors like the availability of space in the campervan, its facilities, your destination, etc. will affect your packing list.
Nevertheless, the basics will always remain the same. Learn more about the facilities of a campervan by clicking here.
Let’s start with what is most important – proper sleep. It is best if you buy individual sleeping bags for every traveler.
This will give you the flexibility of who wants to sleep where and ensure everyone carries a comfortable pillow from home (the one they already use at home).
It is always a good idea to plan a few meals. Ensure all the meals are easy and quick to prepare, and are tasty and filling as well. It is recommended to carry a few dry ingredients along.
You can conveniently pack flour, pasta, dry noodles, sugar, ready-to-make soup packets, beans, stock cubes, etc. Also, carry some snacking items.
Basic utensils that you must carry:
- A pair of tongs
- Cheese grater
- 3 knives with blade guards (blade guards are essential for avoiding any accidents on the road)
- 3 x wooden spoons
- Potato peeler
- Teabag squeezer
- Chopping board (preferably a foldable one)
- Stackable pans and pots + 2 to 3 Spatulas
- Coffee kettle
- Non-electric Toaster
- Coffee mugs
- Water glasses (if you dislike drinking from plastic bottles or glasses)
- Cork mats to protect hot pans
- Melamine plastic plates and bowls (pack 1 plate + 1 side plate + 1 bowl for every individual)
- Some disposable paper plates and bowls
Carry a dustpan and brush for sweeping the floor. Furthermore, carry liquid soap, sponges, clothes, gloves, etc. for cleaning and mopping.
Clothes and other personal gear
You can carry your clothes as per the temperature. However, always be ready for any eventuality. For instance, do carry something that will dry off quickly if it rains heavily.
Also, ensure you carry at least 2 pairs of foot wears (one that you can wear regularly, and one for showers and beaches).
Towels and Toiletries
Carry 1 bath towel for each individual as well as some small face towels. Pack your toiletries in soft washable pouches, that are easy to store in overhead cupboards or shelves in the campervan.
- First aid kit with necessary medicines, lip balm, sunscreen, etc.
- Smartphone with charger and power bank
- Paper maps and compass
- Necessary documents like passport, driving license, insurance papers, et.
- Cash and debit/credit cards
- Spare keys of the campervan
Lastly, camping is surely a fun activity, but it doesn’t mean you carry zero entertainment products. So, to make your trip more fun, carry some board games, cards, game consoles, etc.